Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pumping an aquifer in freezing biome? (Minor, Minor Spoilers)  (Read 2026 times)

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: Pumping an aquifer in freezing biome? (Minor, Minor Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 09:44:00 am »

I recall reading somewhere that smoothing aquifer walls stops them from dripping water, is that true or do I recall wrong?

You read right, to my knowledge.
The problem is smoothing them...

They aren't ALWAYS soil layers.

Though you're definitively going to have one or two before a rock-aquifer layer.

It is very, very difficult to smooth sand walls. Very. So very that the game will not allow it in the next million years.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumping an aquifer in freezing biome? (Minor, Minor Spoilers)
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 10:55:45 am »

I haven't  been able to FIND an aquifier yet in my freezing sites (even when the site finder is set to "Aquifer == YES" and I get the "Hard to find rock here" message); best I've been able to do is tapping an underground pool to a well.
"Extinction is not an option."
Pages: 1 [2]