Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: your most awesome land features  (Read 639 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
your most awesome land features
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:11 am »

post your most AWESOME land features here!

basically an excuse to write this:

in 40d, i used find to go after an area with a chasm, river, magma, and NO aquifer. no magma, but that's okay, i thought. then when i started playing, i saw that the chasm had somehow FLOODED and filled up all but the top zlevel.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: your most awesome land features
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:58 am »

Mine was a brook. Which was flying. From a mountain, off a cliff. ending in a 4z waterfall. flooding the whole valley it flew over. Well, maybe it was more of a natural aquaeduct, but flying sounds WAY cooler.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:48 am »

Mine was a brook. Which was flying. From a mountain, off a cliff. ending in a 4z waterfall. flooding the whole valley it flew over. Well, maybe it was more of a natural aquaeduct, but flying sounds WAY cooler.

Something like this... actually it was a natural brook aqueduct... The hill went down, the brook didnt...
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:27 am »

I've had the brook aqueduct before, but the best for me was a completely flat plain with a pair of  linked mountains, and either side of my entrance were a pair of bottomless pits (It wasn't a magma pipe, there was one on the other side of the mountains. I have no idea where the second pit came from, there was a collapse on embark at the left pit though). I had to leave that because of framerate issues, but it was awesome.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:42:47 am »

I would have to say the magma vent that continues into the heavens after the land has gone is awesome.

SOO easy to destroy all life...