Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Prep for surgery! stat!  (Read 7422 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prep for surgery! stat!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 10:00:33 am »

That error means he's not staying in bed, which is one of the more frustrating things about the healthcare system; they get up and move around before they're supposed to...
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 10:58:14 am »

I've had a few Dwarves recover, though never from really serious injuries. Some stuff doesn't get hauled to hospitals and powder is pretty hard to come by on some maps.

Scars are cool though!

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:33 am »

To keep them from abandoning jobs, maybe lock the hospital door so he doesn't become tempted to guzzle down a -Fungiwood barrel- of Dwarven Wine[10] and some *plump helmet roasts* with it while tieing up a wound?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

matthiaspaco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:57 pm »

Forbidding the doors didn't help. He woke up, and moved to another bed. Big bad axedwarf he is, he's scared of going under the knife. Fucking pussy...

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 12:25:47 pm »

My doctor's standing over a patient with the job "Put In Traction", with no apparent intent on doing any such thing. Do the docs somehow not know the difference between a traction bench and a bed?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:05 pm »

My doctor's standing over a patient with the job "Put In Traction", with no apparent intent on doing any such thing. Do the docs somehow not know the difference between a traction bench and a bed?

Theres some bug going on with the traction bench atm, theres already a bug report up on the tracker.

A few other healthcare bugs have been fixed for the next version, but Toady hasn't gotten to the traction bench issue yet AFAIK, or at least hasn't fixed it yet.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:13 pm »

Same as my constant-dressing problem. I'm guessing the doctors never finish their task properly, so they have to redo it over and over again.

The problem is not that they never finish their task properly, instead it is the fact that when the dwarf first got diagnosed there was a cut so the doctor had to suture it but before the doctor got to it, the wound healed up leaving the doctor in a state of trying to suture a wound that isn't there.  The brown wound just means he has a scar or bruise left over from cut.  An easy way to fix this along with the constant dressing problem is to cause a small 1-2 z level cave in on the dwarf to injury him some so the doctor can diagnose his wounds again.

As for that militia captain who gets "Surgeon cancels Surgery: Patient not resting", I think it might be the squad commands that are ruining you.  Did you happen to set a schedule where the minimum number of dwarfs is set to 10?  If so the Patient not resting is happening because of the fact that the squad schedule is overriding his rest, try removing your militia captain from the squad and see if that works.

Also, for right now, do not build containers in hospitals.  There is a bug going on right now where dwarfs will ignore the limits of items to be set in the hospital and your doctors will not use anything that is stored in the hospital, meaning that if your only two buckets are stored in the hospital then none of the dwarfs will get any water because they will not see that your two buckets are in the hospital.  Doctors will still pull grab anything they need that is not stored in the hospital, so right now it is better to just make dedicated stockpiles in the hospital for everything you need.

I have also notice something about doctors.  When their diagnose skill is low to none then they will sometimes misdiagnose a dwarf.  I had one dwarf who was missing a leg and the doctor with no diagnose skill just looked at the wounds, confirmed he had them, and then sent him off with no treatment, but then that same doctor who had gotten some skill from the other dwarf then looked at a new dwarf with a cut in his limp and began treating it.

I hope this should help the confusion with the hospitals

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 01:06:46 pm »

I have also notice something about doctors.  When their diagnose skill is low to none then they will sometimes misdiagnose a dwarf.  I had one dwarf who was missing a leg and the doctor with no diagnose skill just looked at the wounds, confirmed he had them, and then sent him off with no treatment, but then that same doctor who had gotten some skill from the other dwarf then looked at a new dwarf with a cut in his limp and began treating it.

I hope this should help the confusion with the hospitals
Hmm, something's missing... Meh, it probably wasn't important, just take some rest and you'll be fine!
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

matthiaspaco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »

Removing him didn't work either. My surgeon worked long enough to fall asleep in the hospital bed next to him, hungry and dehydrated. But the surgery still didn't finish. Then a giant cave spider came along and shredded many dorfs, but that's a story for another day...

Anyhoo, surgery is b0rk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]