Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sabotaging an election  (Read 1550 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sabotaging an election
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:38 pm »

Snall is pointing out a very important aspect. Because of a currently reported bug, the mandates will not stop. Even worse, you will no longer be able to see the mandate, only see how a dwarf gets punished when time runs out.

In this case though, that bug is actually counteracted by another bug.

So while yes mandates will keep being issued and your dwarves will continue to be beaten, the bug with materials such that blunt weapons do almost no damage means that the beatings are harmless.

I suspect this will all be resolved in 31.04, but for now don't worry about it. The workaround for the bug is another bug.  ;D

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 03:21:19 pm »

I think mayors are based on skills (or maybe artifact creation?). I had a dwarf with no relationships migrate to my fort, immediately get a strange mood, make an artifact battle axe, and suddenly be elected mayor like a week later before she was even acquainted with the rest of the fort. The previous mayor was friends with everyone but didn't have any legendary skills (or artifacts).

The funny thing is the previous mayor quickly became friends with the new mayor and they married, so the old mayor didn't even have to move out of his nice mayor's room - the new mayor just moved in with him.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 04:27:28 pm »

Sounds like someone had taken a major shine to power and good lodgings.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 05:41:35 pm »

As Deathworks noted, cutting raw green glass works just fine and the regular gems can always be used to dress up your various trade goods.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 05:58:20 pm »

give him a shack in the middle of no-where and assign him to the incredibly small burrow you placed there.
give him a small garden, bed, cabinet, chair, table, a still, and some barrels.
let all your other dwarves make new friends while Urist McMayor is quietly being forgotten.
Pages: 1 [2]