Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarven Heroes mod  (Read 2486 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Heroes mod
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 11:22:33 am »

Yeah, I've seen similar things with the itarin, and to a lesser degree the encar, in Direforged. The powerful castes are just as content to go blacksmithing as they are to fill out "as-needed" entity positions tailored to them, but if other entity positions exist, they'll fill them in a heartbeat. And they also don't seem more prone to heroing than others, though maybe that can be tweaked with personality modding.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Heroes mod
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 06:56:21 pm »

I was listening to DF Talk and heard something about the toughness of surrounding creatures effecting civs, and then something clicked on in my head.  Tholig Cryptbrain and Cacame Awemende, the two greatest heroes ever to come out of worldgen, had one thing in common: both of their worlds were terrorized by epic-sized megabeasts.  The relationship here needs to be tested, for I fear that the newest release's changes to megabeasts has precluded the possibility of creating such epics through the same bug.

And if it's worth anything, the confirmed 'hero' was a chief medical dwarf.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]