Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It is obvious what I must now do  (Read 1111 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: It is obvious what I must now do
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 10:13:13 pm »

Build a wall around the whole town.  Flood the area with water.  Turn it all into obsidian, then build more walls and fill them with water or magma.

To be truly dwarfy you could even fossilize two or more layers of the town and then make tunnels through it.  Make it into the Dwarf Fortress version of Anodunos.

This actually just gave me an idea for a mega project.  Construct a city and then encase the whole thing in ice.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 10:33:19 pm »

All this talk of obsidianizing reminds me of how parts of Pompeii were perfectly preserved in volcanic ash...

So now I'm imagining a dwarven fort with the petrified corpses of humans preserved in the walls, expressions of terror permanently frozen on their faces...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 10:38:03 pm »

And unquestionable Han solo in carbonite comes into the conversation.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »

All this talk of obsidianizing reminds me of how parts of Pompeii were perfectly preserved in volcanic ash...

So now I'm imagining a dwarven fort with the petrified corpses of humans preserved in the walls, expressions of terror permanently frozen on their faces...

heh. "petrified." bravo, good sir

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:47 pm »

I'm personally for flooding it with water inside a wall and then abandoning and returning in adventure mode to swim around in the ruin. Simple but with a Scuba-ish charm.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.
Pages: 1 [2]