Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automining/Mining out veins  (Read 535 times)

reubend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Automining/Mining out veins
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:45:03 pm »

I know that everyone (practically) wants this and that there has been a lot of talk about how to do this, but I got an idea that I haven't seen before (although it is super possible that it has been proposed; I generally follow the forum and did a quick search, but still...).

Anyway,, my idea is to have a designation that is "Mine Ore" or something along those lines, and you just designate out a block like the current "Dig", but your miners only touch the ore. As you dig further in, then you discover more tiles and the ore and stone are revealed as normal, but only the ore is dug out; the newly discovered normal stone loses its designation.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automining/Mining out veins
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:30:05 pm »

Greatly supported. Digging out veins of ore is pure tedium (we really should start harvesting the tedium and refining it).
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:28:59 pm »

Ubernube, you've given me an idea...

Anyone ever play Megalomania? THe elements in that all had silly names, I think I might mod that stuff in.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »

This is presently number 7 on the eternal suggestions list.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php