Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sleep Logging.  (Read 818 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sleep Logging.
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:50:22 pm »

So since the 14th I believe, I have been keeping a log of my sleep. I want to find out what conditions spark my nightmares, or happy dreams, or weird dreams. So I keep a note pad near by and I write down which way I'm facing and all other things that aren't there for normal sleep, then fall asleep. I then log everything I can remember in the dream onto the note pad.

On my first day I had a strange occurrence. I saw a bright light in the top left corner of my eyesight, with eyes closed. Second day I slept on right side, and I had a nightmare. It was strange.

Either way, I would like to know, do any of you keep a sleep log?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep Logging.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:09 pm »

I don't, mainly because I don't dream.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »

Work days:
Up at 12:45
Bed at 04:00/06:00

Days off:
Up at 18:00/19:00
Bed at 09:00/10:00

Thats been my log for the past year or two.

Hippo, when you have your theory remember this: "You are aware of what you are doing, therefore you will act accordingly (whether you mean to or not)".

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:38:43 pm »

I do, but I forgot 99% of the time.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:02:38 pm »

I keep a sleep log, I only have time to update it during vacation though because that's the only time I remember stuff.  >_<

I'd rather not share though.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:05:18 pm »

I kept a dream log about a year ago, but only for a few weeks. I did find it helped me remember my dreams, though. I just found it and some of the entries are hilariously vague due to my grogginess when writing.

April 10th:
At a party and arguing with my dad about beer? And vodka going bad once it's opened.

April 12th:
My roommates are red bull-horned demons. Apparently I don't mind to the point where I will pee with the door open.

I shortly realized I would probably rather forget my dreams.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »

Alright, I'll share two that aren't that bad.

Both of these are marked June of 2009.  I gave each one a title because I'm weird, I'll put them as the quote author.

Quote from: No money
I went to a homeless place with lots of black people I don't remember much, but I remember farms and working?

Quote from: Didn't title, heh whoops
I could go back in time an I was at my Dad's with Mom and really bad things happened =(.  I also went camping and get attacked by a bear.  I also went to school without shoes all the way on! =(!

Autumn changed into a plant which grew into a bird.

[My brother] was Killer Robot.

I have no idea why my second one goes progressively crazier.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:05:21 pm »

I only write down dreams that make a good story. For example, there was one in which a herd of walruses took command of a blimp-fleet and went to war with a bakery who then hired Chuck Norris but the retarded walrus killed him with lasers.

Wut.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 10:07:31 pm »

I had a dream were George from Seinfeld stole a bike and was being pursed by a large group of bikers through a mountain.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 11:07:51 pm »

I had a dream were George from Seinfeld stole a bike and was being pursed by a large group of bikers through a mountain.

Easy Rider 2..

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 04:18:08 pm »

I mainly started this to keep remembering my dreams. But I also want to start nightmares. I enjoy the nightmares. They aren't boring.

Last night, I couldn't remember a thing about my dream. I though I hadn't even fallen asleep until 20 minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:47 pm »

I may start a sleep log too, and re-write the good ones in a seperate one

Some notables were when I was a wolf, wolf-o-vision, muscle movements and all, and the one where I managed to break out of a huge, multi-story prison, steal a van, drive out of the area, had the van break down in the Colorado rocky mountains, and proceed to try to walk home (to Ohio).

Beautiful mountain scenery
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale