Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I dont give a F@#$ if you found more mocroline!  (Read 1235 times)

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I dont give a F@#$ if you found more mocroline!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »

I'm ok with the damp/warm stone warning.  it would be nice though if it only warned you on actually dangerous tiles.  getting damp warnings on every tile under a pond, when the pond will not fall down on my head is annoying as is getting warm stone warnings 8 tiles away from the magma.  Maybe the damp/warm designation can be set to only go out one space in every direction and ignore Z levels?

[ December 21, 2007: Message edited by: sorbius ]

keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »

The problem is the repeat messages.  Let me know the first time I hit microline, not the 8th...

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »

Yeah I'd like a way to say I'M SURE about digging wet/warm stone.  Another kind of designation would be good, I don't think I'd want to turn it off because its more micromanagement to turn it back on.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by axus:
<STRONG>The problem is the repeat messages.  Let me know the first time I hit microline, not the 8th...</STRONG>

And pausing for the repeats.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »

quote:
etting damp warnings on every tile under a pond, when the pond will not fall down on my head

Wait, it won't?! I've been wasting space for nothing all this time?!
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »

I have never had one fall on my head.  maybe I've just been lucky
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »

Hold up guys, killing the alerts completetly might not be a good idea. Most of you dont give a rats ass if you strike more microline. But we should leave the option open just in case one guy wants to make a cyan blue house. If we had a menu for this we could simply toggle alerts for seperate types of stone, the default is alert + pause and zoom every time for economic stones and a simple alert for non-economic stones.

People could then customize this however they want.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tamren:
<STRONG>Hold up guys, killing the alerts completetly might not be a good idea. Most of you dont give a rats ass if you strike more microline. But we should leave the option open just in case one guy wants to make a cyan blue house. If we had a menu for this we could simply toggle alerts for seperate types of stone, the default is alert + pause and zoom every time for economic stones and a simple alert for non-economic stones.

People could then customize this however they want.</STRONG>

The BRIGHT BLUE STONES are not enough of a hint?
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »

No, if said blue stones are out of sight 14 levels below you.

The reason we need alerts at all is that noob miners are not smart enough to stop mining when they reach valuable deposits like gold nuggets and native aluminum. Some stones are not considered valuable or economic but they still have important uses such as bauxite mechanisms. Without the alert they simply carry on through, and get at best, about a 60% yield where a lengendary miner would get 100%.

If you wanted to make a castle out of microline (or to decorate using the alternate colour as i have on occaision) you would want a warning to pop up so you can carefully dig out the deposit. Granted microline deposits are huge so this is not as much of an issue, but some other stones like granite and the green ores are much rarer and you would not want to waste a single block.

If the option to disable or enable is kept open you can have your cake and eat it too, whats not to like?

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 01:26:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sorbius:
<STRONG>is annoying as is getting warm stone warnings 8 tiles away from the magma.</STRONG>

I'd check the next lower Z-level for magma, warm only travels 1 tile (but it does travel up!).

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 02:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Alunite doesnt do anything.</STRONG>

I'm pretty sure you make aluminum out of it.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 07:15:00 am »

No, that's Native Aluminum. Or Bauxite in the real world?
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.
Pages: 1 [2]