Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile question with .31.03  (Read 801 times)

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile question with .31.03
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:16:47 pm »

ok, two ore stockpiles one large one small.  The large one acting as a catchall for ore while the smaller recieves ore I'm about to have smelted... little problem however with my dwarves constantly running to the larger stockpile, looking around lost and wandering off, only to come back and repeat later.  nothing ever actually gets moved to the second stockpile.  Since bug reports have been farmed out to another site, I'm left asking here if this is something anyone else has encountered.  Thanks in advance, and if I come across too many more major issues I'll just go back to 40D :p
Demon of Darkness

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile question with .31.03
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

this is a known bug in the new 2010 versions, it's up on the bug tracker a number of times.

if you disallow that particular ore in the 'big' stockpile however, the dwarves should haul it over to the little one. (not a true solution, but a workaround at least)

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »

oof, ok thanks.  Here's to hopin that gets handled soon.  I depend rather heavily on my stock lines to organize things.

P.S. is it just me or do cats kill a LOT more vermin now?
Demon of Darkness

pubby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:51 pm »

Vermin don't decay - it's a bug.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »

oof, ok thanks.  Here's to hopin that gets handled soon.  I depend rather heavily on my stock lines to organize things.

P.S. is it just me or do cats kill a LOT more vermin now?

another bug. it's not that they kill more vermin, it's that the remains don't rot away.

i understand the desire to just use 40d until more of these things are handled (i did the same thing for awhile), but in general I havent found any of the bugs (in the most recent version, 31.03, at least) to be gamebreaking as long as you can find workarounds. and the new features i find to be quite awesome