Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amputee dying in my entrance hall  (Read 774 times)

Roderick Jaynes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Amputee dying in my entrance hall
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:54:31 pm »

So some gobbos ambushed me, breaching the front door before the axe-brigade could chase them off. Bastards killed my Legendary herbalist, too. I could deal with that, but now I've got my old militia commander hanging around the entrance hall starving and dying of thirst. It may have something to do with how she only has one arm and one injured leg.

She still manages to move around a little, but she refuses to go to the hospital. I kicked her off the squad she was sheading, without result. Tried making her captain of a new squad and ordering her to move to the hospital, but no luck.

The cruelest part is that everyone in my fortress going out to scavenge the wrecked caravan outside (aha ha ha) is just... walking past her, not giving her the time of day. Any advice?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:56:41 pm by Roderick Jaynes »

czolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amputee dying in my entrance hall
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

Under her health list, (listed in the "thoughts & preferences" window) does she have "Diagnosis Required" listed?  If so, you're prolly boned---half the time, the doc never comes.
Sic sum in ignis; sic sum quiritatio

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »

Under her health list, (listed in the "thoughts & preferences" window) does she have "Diagnosis Required" listed?  If so, you're prolly boned---half the time, the doc never comes.

Hey, the doctor knows best.
This is to make me recognizable.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »

Disable someone's labors, all of them except for Healthcares, maybe?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:03:20 am »

Just appoint someone as the head doc, and enable all his/her doctor labors.  Your amputee might not survive treatment by a 1st year medical student, but it's a better chance than lying around till infection sets in.

Also do you have a hospital zone defined and a bed built in it?

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 02:24:38 am »

If nothing else works start engineering a faster death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

was that really needed or on topic?
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades