Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves drinking too often? (Possible bug, not cheeky joke!)  (Read 498 times)

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went directly from D19 to  DF2010 with the FPS capped at 75 and I'm noticing that dwarves seem to be spending MUCH more of their time hunched over a barrel of rum in DF2010 than they did in D19. I'm not sure if it's because they drink more often or they simply take longer to drink once they're down there, but they definitely seem to be spending more time doing so than they did before.  I don't think it's due to the biome because it's wet and temperate in all 4 tiles.

I can't help but wonder if there's a bug where a dwarf's motive decrease doesn't scale properly with lower FPS settings in df2010. Then again it could just be because it's easier to notice when they all end up with the blinking arrows before they actually go to take care of their needs. It seems strange though that I'd think they were spending more time boozing up when they're supposed to be spending even more time on their job in d2010, though.

Anyone else noticed this in their games or am I just nuts and/or a victim of odd circumstance?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves drinking too often? (Possible bug, not cheeky joke!)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »

Is it possible that DF2010 is running at lower FPS than DF19?

Also, I think you might want this in Bug Reports, if that's what you're trying to get at.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves drinking too often? (Possible bug, not cheeky joke!)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »

I've not noticed this, myself. They seem to spend a bit less time drinking, if anything.

Actually, they spend most of the time dying.