Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Surgeon Practice  (Read 1422 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Surgeon Practice
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »

But slugman corpses may have the same consistency as a particular part of the dwarven body, and therefore be unspeakably useful for treatment of that particular organ and useless for everything else (which would manifest as normal experience gains overall).
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 02:40:04 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54109.0

in my post I cover the idea of illnesses and random (realistic) health issues to help train doctor skills....seems more realistic than just having a training dummy or something (I like the autopsy idea...but that requires bodies which can be hard to get in there own right)

I know some things like gall stones and stuff in real life can require surgery

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 02:53:46 pm »

I'd like to do it with a cap on how high he can train through corpse-practice, and make it stop giving XP after he reaches that point, but that doesn't seem very DFenly.

The closest parallel is the military, and there's no limit on how high they can train without facing a "real" opponent.

You could always limit the workshop to not accept people over "Expert" skill level (or whatever you decide is appropriate).  But that's player-side limiting, not a limitation imposed by the system.
Pages: 1 [2]