Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Slaving!  (Read 3618 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Slaving!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 09:29:46 am »

If nothing else, the opportunity for penal legions is worth giving slavery a go. You'll need a rearguard to prevent retreat and you can't give them nice things, but they would make great cannon fodder.

(speaking of which, cannons and hand cannons were all known in Europe by the 1300s at the very very latest, they fall into the timeframe)
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 04:31:57 pm »

I would be supportive of Humans using slaves, and goblins for sure, as well as possible beastman civs. Dwarves would be more likely to execute POWs and criminals. Human kingdoms, on the other hand, would be willing to do wrongs for benefits. Basically, I see some of the dwarven sense of honor preventing it.

Humans would be likely to be using craft and agricultural slaves, and I can see a FB enforcing slave armies in front of a main goblin horde. Beastmen would make slaves do hard labor. Until the slaves become snacks.

Elves are unlikely to use slaves.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:45 pm »

Slavery should come with bad thoughs.

Urist McLiberal was appalled to see Elves allowed the privilege of being force fed the contents of the refuse pile.
Urist McLiberal recently revelled in a mercy killing.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 05:37:03 pm »

Slavery, with chance of citizenship or freedom for service rendered.

Forced military service, hauling jobs and/or no quality item jobs.

Breaking laws of your civilization should be available.  >.>  Less immigrants and probably no caravans..
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 2 [3]