Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Number of (object) to be made  (Read 420 times)

Random_Guy7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Number of (object) to be made
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:29:11 am »

When doing any task that can be repeated, make a counter that can repeat it either indefinately or a certain amount of iterations, when done remove the task and go to the next task.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Number of (object) to be made
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:54:27 am »

I think it's intentional that we can only do so much in a given workshop, and have to rely on the manager for bulk orders. That said, once you have a manager and can set workshop profiles, why not?

On the other hand, the manager as far as I can tell seems to cause my saves to become corrupted, so I haven't used him at all. I'd rather just be sure that that bug is taken care of soon, so I can go back to using the manager for bulk orders.

The manager works just about exactly the same way, except that the jobs are spread amongst all non-full workshops. So if you have a workshops designated for different skill levels, it will split them up amongst all of them, hardly ideal.

If the manager gets an overhaul, though, problem could be fixed by demanding that a job in the management screen be done only by a dwarf within X and Y skill range, just like you can do with workshops now.