Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Pet Dwarf  (Read 351 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Pet Dwarf
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

Lets say, when the metalsmith comes, he brings a dwarf along with him. The dwarf will be a peasent (in terms of skill), but he's a different colour, and he's special, he's your pet dwarf.

What the dwarf would do, is allow you to possess him (lyke in dungeon keeper), however you can only possess THAT dwarf, and control him similar to adventure mode.

He can do anything, haul stuff, build stuff, start work on something ect...

When not possessed by you, he acts like a normal dwarf, obeying the jobs set in the preferences list (although he can't get a strange mood). If he dies, you get a new one the following year, although he'd have no skill.

His uses are endless, that special dwarf who pulls the level to kill off the goblin invasion, that dwarf who clears that bit of debris which has been plaguing the building site for ages, that dwarf who you can play around with while you're waiting for something interesting to happen, the dwarf who doesn't go drink when there's a shortage of food and you deseperatly need a cook. And especially, the dwarf you grow to love and cherish, as he increases in skill, and becomes LEGENDARY *wipes tear from eye*

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: My Pet Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »

I see you have played Dungeon Keeper, but I don't think that would turn out good in this case.
The point of the game is that you don't control your dwarfs and that they are on the dumb side.
I remember from playing Dungeon Keeper that I could kill armies and armies with just one kobold it is almost like cheating.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Re: My Pet Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »

but then when you're not looking, he misses a mandate and gets his arm bitten off by an enraged hammerer
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...