Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: making dwarves stay indoors  (Read 3881 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
making dwarves stay indoors
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:46 pm »

i remember there is a way to make dwarves "stay indoors"

whats the command for it?

im looking under "o" but i dont see the "i Civilians or all dwarves can be ordered to stay indoors, which can save lives in a siege. Note that "indoors" actually means subterranean: any "Inside Above Ground" areas will be forbidden just like "Outside" areas." from the old version

im using the new df version btw.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: making dwarves stay indoors
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:27:07 pm »

Those options have been removed. You now need to define the interior of your fortress as a burrow, and assign all civilians to it when an attack happens. They will no longer go outdoors then.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: making dwarves stay indoors
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:27:37 pm »

i remember there is a way to make dwarves "stay indoors"

whats the command for it?

im looking under "o" but i dont see the "i Civilians or all dwarves can be ordered to stay indoors, which can save lives in a siege. Note that "indoors" actually means subterranean: any "Inside Above Ground" areas will be forbidden just like "Outside" areas." from the old version

im using the new df version btw.
There's a new system now. If you go to the military->alerts screen, you can set an alert that restricts all civilians to a specific burrow/burrows. Instead of just preventing them from going outside, you can now designate a fortified bunker deep underground for your dwarves to hide in. Very helpful.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies