Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Medic!  (Read 938 times)

DwarfKeeper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Medic!
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »

I think it would be kind of cool to expand on the caretaking aspect of wounded dwarves. Perhaps allow a full blown medical profession. The degree of skill a dwarf has could factor into the healing process - as well as the choice using bandages and salves that could be made with different materials. Maybe even antidotes for poisonous bites or casts for broken limbs? The way this wonderful game is set up I could see this being implemented into a potential game aspect. Even make a infirmary room, so you could pinpoint the location of your wounded dwarves better - rather than a random bed.

[ November 18, 2006: Message edited by: DwarfKeeper ]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Medic!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »

As the top of the suggestion forum states:
"NOTE: Before you post a massive and complicated plan for improvement, be sure to read Our Development Pages."

This awesome stuff will all be added in eventually, and I am interested in seeing how Toady will handle it.

DwarfKeeper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:14:00 pm »

Hmm? I'm sorry I don't see anything related to medical improvements in the game in the development section.

Unless you mean these sort of suggestions are a little too large to implement and I shouldn't bother to post them?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »

On the consolidated dev page:

Bloat99, SELF-SERVICE HEALTHCARE, (Future): Take charge of your own health if nobody comes to help after a while.

Req138, ALCHEMY AND HEALING, (Future): Extracts are not used for anything right now, except cooking. Antivenom used to be in but was removed for a bit. All of this can go back in and be extended, making the alchemist's workshop worthwhile rather than a soap factory.

There's probably others, these are just the first two I found.

DwarfKeeper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:38:00 pm »

Ahhh, right you are - sorry about that then.