Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lead Weaponry; Assumed to be overpowered.  (Read 2697 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Lead Weaponry; Assumed to be overpowered.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »

well ok its 5 in the morning and i just cant sleep still i am tired... i excuse myself for any inconvience i caused :p
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 10:21:52 pm »

I have tested a lead war hammer and a adam sword against the BC, sword kicked ass until the dwarf got so tired of swinging he passed out (tones of mangled limbs on the flood) and the lead war hammer got hes ass handed to him.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 01:38:39 am »

Well the other issue is that without objects taking damage over time a lot of the soft but heavy materials arn't that bad.

A Gold sword that won't break or lose its edge isn't a bad weapon (if you can weild it that is)
This is somewhat balanced out by the fact that you simply can't make golden weapons anymore (outside of the arena), not without a strange mood. And when you're dealing with artifacts, well, some of the rules of human common sense fly right out the window.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 03:13:32 am »

Bronze Colossi are not invincible. I gave a grandmaster sword dwarf all adamatine armor and an adamantine sword, and he managed to chop off both hands and feet, and make the rest of the body red, despite the light weight of the material.
!!&!!

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:40 am »

Bronze Colossi are not invincible. I gave a grandmaster sword dwarf all adamatine armor and an adamantine sword, and he managed to chop off both hands and feet, and make the rest of the body red, despite the light weight of the material.

That's all fine, but is it dead?

The problem is that yes, you can smash it to pulps, destroy all body parts and cut off the smallest limbs. But to actually kill it, you need to either separate the head from the upper body, or the upper body from the lower body.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 04:21:43 am »

Yeah.  I made a grandmaster axeman BC, gave him a slade axe, and proceeded to chop a second BC for nearly half an hour.  Once he gets completely mangled with no hands or feet, he takes no more damage because he doesn't have any parts that can be hurt anymore beyond the 1-hit kills that the axe is apparently too small to get.  He also keeps advancing.  I'm suprised the BC cares enough to keep trying to kill me.

You know, the situation I just described might be helped if the axe used by my BC was not the same size as the axe used by a dwarf soldier.  Just a thought, wouldn't really help in the game.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 08:50:15 pm »

Okay.
I hate to be such a hypocrite after my last comment, but I'd like to get back on track.

The deal is usually you'd get Lead a lot sooner than Adamantine or Slade.

Compared to Iron or Steal though, which is abundant and often the first choice for training crafting and using as armor.
Does the new 'weight adding to damage mechanic' make Lead Blunt Weapons a better option than Steel Weapons?
Pages: 1 [2]