Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven science  (Read 1514 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Dwarven science
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:30:09 am »

My current project, as I gear up to get the community arena started, is the study of various aspects of the new game. Right now, for instance, I'm studying the different venoms of vanilla creatures.

GCS are much more dangerous now that their venom is actually fatal and giant scorpions now cause your nervous system to rot. Serpent men just cause temporary paralysis.

Share the knowledge you have acquired  so that we may better further our study of the dwarven world.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven science
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:51:04 am »

Permanent impairment of digestive organs does not cause any harm, at least in the short term.

Impairment of the brain causes one to bleed to death by the next frame.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:21:02 am »

Helmet Snakes
Necrosis Poison
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:42 am »

Not sure if this counts as a scientific observation, but:

Adventurers? Are really ugly.

(of course, so is everyone else)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 04:31:53 pm »

I'm doing testing on the "iron man cough" caused by iron man gas. Strangely, the iron statue I got for killing the the iron man was a statue of the character who killed the iron man. Weird.

edit
Iron man cough seems not to do anything.  2592 seconds and 36 phases in and no effects.

anyone know where the raws for the venom are stored? Which raw document I mean.

edit again
huh, now the test human is coughing blood. 230 phases in and he's only coughed blood twice though, so seems like this isn't the sort of illness that will kill an adventurer if travel healing is still in effect. Could prove problematic to dwarf mode though. We'll see how it pans out. My test subject is very low on disease resistance and recuperation so this is worst case scenario.

edit again
He was cured of the disease by sleeping.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:12:47 pm by piecewise »