Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interaction Problem (Drow Mod)  (Read 2776 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Interaction Problem (Drow Mod)
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:57:03 pm »

so i want my drow to be able to use their forgotten realms signature attacks, cloud of darkness and fairy fire

i tested it a bit in arena and come to the conclution: there is no way to apply fairy fire as directed attack, if i use any of the flow or undirected values they just evaporate around the drow, or do nothing... or if i use the flame_template melt the dwarf away, if i use the solid or liquid glob the glob is enough to bruise the target heavily or even oneshoot them (used against dwarfs)
it should make the target easier to hit so i used dizziness syndrome (making them a bit slower and thus harder to dodge)

same with cloud of darkness, i dont see any hide effect and it just evaporates around the drow (this time i want it too) without any effect, it also should blind the enemy, thus impairing function of the eyes for a short time

or doesnt syndromes doesnt show in arena anywhere up? maybe someone got better ideas to blind/making easier to hit someone with interactions?

material/syndrom definitions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

interaction definitions
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Interaction Problem (Drow Mod)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

it also should blind the enemy, thus impairing function of the eyes for a short time
Sadly, it just seems to make your eyes "yellow wounded", I haven't noticed any vision loss through it. That's your problem.

Use the octopus ink interaction for the hiding effect, that's the best I can think of.

And by the way, you are NOT really using fitting inteactions for fairy fire. Make it to target specific targets, and it should be good.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

this is a ripoff of the octupus ink thingie, i just added a syndrome to the cloud material on contact
edit: ok that is the problem for the hide effect, it only works in water, need to copypasta it in a new file without location tag

also how you mean the fairy fire thing? i use the dragon breath interaction, which actually does target something specific?!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:07:13 pm by Rhenaya »

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:13:16 pm »

The dragon breath spreads material.

You could use a "casting" interaction which simply picks targets, check ANY spell in the witchcraft mod, most of them select a target (or multiple), then just replace my effect with yours (for example for the paralysis spell).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:49:54 pm »

ok the fairy fire works now just fine :)

just leaves the cloud of darkness, on how to make it an area of effect that blinds them... currently it doesnt even show the syndrome even if they stand in the actuall cloud of vapor/gas which has a contact syndrome :(

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »

ok the fairy fire works now just fine :)

just leaves the cloud of darkness, on how to make it an area of effect that blinds them... currently it doesnt even show the syndrome even if they stand in the actuall cloud of vapor/gas which has a contact syndrome :(
What about making it an inhaling syndrome instead?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:51 pm »

I've noticed you wanted to use a material emission and a syndrome, for that you need a custom MATERIAL_EMISSION_WITH_SYNDROME
to go along with a hide interaction with the water requirements removed for your cloud.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:38 am »

You can't really make a cloud of darkness.  You can emit a cloud of dark-colored gas, but it would only exist for a second.  You could also emit a custom material with a low specific heat and boiling point just below dwarven body temperature; then, as soon as a warm-blooded creature stepped in it, it would evaporate around them.

And, once somebody figures out weather interactions work, you might be able to summon evil mists.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:56:17 am »

the problem is already fixed, just didnt want to dig out the post from several pages behind just to say i have done it

my problem was i used affected class:all while i should just leave this line away (or use general_poison)

i basicly use the dark gas thing, with the gas made of a creature extract that affects the syndrome, though still need to test if the gas doesnt do odd things in water (like contamine it with the extract :x)
basicly it looks like a ninja vanish as a gasy cloud appears and you enter sneak mode... but you need to be at least 2 steps away or they will just spot you immediatly again (even if their eyes are seriously impaired and they cant hit shit for the next few seconds ^^ even more fun with blind ranged... they will shoot in about any direction)

the fairy fire was fairly easy now that i saw deons witcher mod how to use "cast" interactions easily ;)