Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating Bones/Corpses/Shells through reactions  (Read 667 times)

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating Bones/Corpses/Shells through reactions
« on: April 09, 2010, 01:34:40 pm »

Has anyone had any success creating bones through reactions? I've tried several variations of:
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CORPSEPIECE:BONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE]
and can't get the reaction to produce any bones. The reaction shows up correctly in the correct building and requires the correct skill. The reactant is consumed, but no product is produced. If I add additional products that are known to work, those will be produced (like a cat bone throne or live vermin), but this product basically seems to be ignored.

With other products when I was close but not quite right it would either have an error or produce something strange (like a no-material spear that doesn't get placed in the weapons stockpile). In this case I get nothing.

I'm trying to do a reaction to get bone from vermin corpses, like
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DESTROY_VERMIN]
    [NAME:process vermin remains]
    [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_V]
    [REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
    [PRODUCT:10:1:CORPSEPIECE:BONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:BONE]
    [SKILL:DISSECT_VERMIN]
    [AUTOMATIC]
but this won't work if I can't produce bones at all.

I've also tried to produce corpses (CORPSE) and shells (CORPSEPIECE:SHELL), but they also seem to suffer from the same issue.

I filed a bug on the bug tracker regarding this, but it could be I'm doing something wrong :-\. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Bones/Corpses/Shells through reactions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »

Check your error log; it'll tell you when it doesn't recognize entries within a reaction.

There's a string dump on the wiki that you can look through for lists of tags for reactions.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Bones/Corpses/Shells through reactions
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:36 pm »

Check your error log; it'll tell you when it doesn't recognize entries within a reaction.

There's a string dump on the wiki that you can look through for lists of tags for reactions.

I've gone through all that. There are no errors in the log, and, as far as I can tell, I'm using the correct tokens. I know the material token is right since I can create a cat bone chair with it. I've tried several different possible item tokens (resulting in everything from cat bone bars to cat leather), but really CORPSEPIECE should be it. The only other thing I can think to check would be to run DF under a debugger to see how it is processing the reaction (and I'm far too lazy to set that up).