Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uris McCommander has entered a martial trance!  (Read 1984 times)

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Uris McCommander has entered a martial trance!
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:36:52 pm »

My militia commander started doing "Individual Combat Drills" like a year ago. He hasn't stopped. Not to drink, eat, or sleep. His macedwarf skill is rising pretty fast, too.

Edit: Using the same technique I believe caused this (Plant Weapon Rack, Allow for Indiv. Training, Disallow Indiv. Training once started, re-allow it), I now have an entire squad perpetually waiting for group training.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:41:20 pm by Iban »

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Uris McCommander has entered a martial trance!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:18:10 pm »

Apparently this is a srs bug. They just stand around until I give them a kill order (to which, even while hacking a Cutebold to bits, they are still "Wait for Squad Training") until they become enraged and start training the good ol fashion way: by beating the shit out of each other.

Edit: Is this even the right place to post bug?

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:34:56 am »

You should probably enter that in the bug tracker, if it isn't there already.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:58:23 am »

until they become enraged and start training the good ol fashion way: by beating the shit out of each other.
You should set minimals lower in the schedule. They are 10 by default, meaning whole squad _must_ do whatever they are ordered, no matter what.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »

I somehow got all my dwarves to permanently do individual training drills. They stand in one place and raise all their stats. They take breaks to go kill stuff and get drunk, but that's it.

mrpoopyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:49:17 pm »

I've noticed infinite training drills in my forts as well, and seen a few other mentions on the forum. Once a dwarf starts an individual training drill, it seems he never stops. He will obey kill and station orders, and break to drink/eat/sleep but will still spend any and all free time drilling. You can remove him from the squad or even disband it, still drilling. The only thing that seems to work is deconstructing the barracks.

I made the mistake of drafting my expedition leader. He started drilling. Then the outpost liason came. Even though my leader's status said "Conduct Meeting", he was STILL DRILLING. The agreement screens never popped up, and the liason spent almost a year standing next to my leader in the barracks, just watching him level up, I suppose. I was worried he was going to go insane and I'd have to kill him, but in mid autumn I finally saw the deconstruct barracks suggestion on the boards. As soon as the hauler picked up that weapon rack: "I am your liason to the mountain homes." WHEW. I was then able to remove the leader from the squad and reconstruct the baracks. I now have a retired legendary axedwarf leader who still won't do any of his old civilian jobs, but will at least talk to the damn liason and make requests, which is good because now it seems that the caravans will bring only what you asked for.

FTR: I LOVE the new version, bugs and all.