Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Edible Reagents and Products  (Read 905 times)

vlademir1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Edible Reagents and Products
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:27:11 am »

*registers and delurks*

I'm working on a mod, personal for now though most likely public once finished, adding several food items to the game mostly middle tier products to be used in cooking with some finished products in there as well (think high dwarven cuisine, to the current kitchen products common cuisine, if you will). 

I created a new file and added my first food reaction, which currently has one reagent, no products and is linked to the kitchen.  I added the reaction to the entity_default.txt dwarves, genned a new pocket world and embarked with a lot of various types of meat.  The reaction refuses to show up on the kitchen even though I have dozens of barrels of various meats (no organs for this test).

I assumed the problem was with my reagent (lifted from an embark save, with variation):
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:2:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANY:MUSCLE][UNROTTEN]so I tried:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:2:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:MUSCLE][UNROTTEN]and that too fails to show up. 

I really need this to take a piece of non-organ meat (well two actually) and I just can't manage to figure out where I'm going wrong so I thought I'd turn to the experts ;D

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Edible Reagents and Products
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:51:18 am »

Reagents are stumping me, I wish I could help ya, but I'm having my own problems with em >.<

The best I could say is try different things at the moment.

Probably doesn't help it is late. Good luck, I'll try helping tomorrow when my brain is working better.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:24:27 am »

[REAGENT:A:NONE:NONE:NONE:MUSCLE].... Might work. Not sure, though.

Another option, would be to add some [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MEAT] stuff to all of the 'meat' items.

Or even adding a [REACTION_CLASS:MEAT] to all of the meat item templates.

Then say [REAGENT:A:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MEAT]

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:46:34 am »

If the reaction isn't showing up in the menu, I'm pretty sure it's a problem with some other part of your definition, not your reagent line.  Post the whole reaction?

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:28 am »

---snip, I need to read the OP more closely next time---
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:50:56 am by random51 »

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:36:43 am »

If the reaction doesn't show up in the workshop, see if it shows up in the manager orders. If it shows up there you can test it. :)

Also check the errorlog, if you don't have tag errors there your tags might be just fine.

Hey, I tried it myself.  It doesn't show up in the menu for the smelter but If I have a manager create the order it works just fine, grabbing whatever meat I brought along at embark.

Specifically, this is what I did:

Changed default reaction_smelter.txt in region1 save directory, modding the LIGNITE_TO_COKE reaction.

[REACTION:LIGNITE_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from lignite]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:MUSCLE][UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

That reaction doesn't show up at the smelter even though I have meat, but if I queue it up with an order it works fine. I just realized this could be called the bad cook reaction, he is turning perfectly good meat into charcoal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:52:00 am by random51 »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:22 am »

I've had the exact same problem myself.
Trying to do a cooking mod, can't seem to be able to use ANY food.

I've read somewhere than the reaction system does not search for food inside barrels.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:46:14 am »

I was able to use plants and have the reactions show up in a custom milling workshop. Now that I think about it though I generated those plants via custom smelt reaction so I could test right at embark and I did not test them in barrels.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 01:01:44 pm »

Material inside barrels and bags is hard to target. Set up a meat stockpile with barrels set to 0 and try that.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:55 pm »

The following worked for me:
[REAGENT:A:1:FOOD:NONE:ORGANIC:BRAIN]

It can, of course, be changed to use whatever type of food you want.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:38:43 pm by Zantan »

vlademir1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:39 am »

Thank you everyone for the help, the manager screen and barrelless stockpile were the answer (special thanks to random51 and Erk for suggesting them).  I now have to go figure out how I want to define the product in the raws.  I expect I'll end up coming back to this topic again for help once I get my cookable products all done and try to figure out how to make prepared meals by reaction (assuming, of course, it can be done at all right now).

Another option, would be to add some [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MEAT] stuff to all of the 'meat' items.

Or even adding a [REACTION_CLASS:MEAT] to all of the meat item templates.

Then say [REAGENT:A:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MEAT]
I'm rather trying to avoid mucking about in the vanilla raws as much as possible, but I appriciate the suggestion ;).

I've had the exact same problem myself.
Trying to do a cooking mod, can't seem to be able to use ANY food.
If you want to trade notes sometime feel free to throw me a PM. ;D

[REAGENT:A:1:FOOD:NONE:ORGANIC:BRAIN]
[REAGENT:A:NONE:NONE:NONE:MUSCLE].... Might work. Not sure, though.
I'll check those out once I have my products defined and report back on how they affect the reaction.