Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shift+enter: toggle all labours in a group  (Read 530 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shift+enter: toggle all labours in a group
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:40:57 pm »

As the topic says. Under enable/disable labours for a dwarf, shift+enter should activate or deactivate all labours in that group, eg. all hauling labours.

Also, labour groups should be definable under either init or raws so that we can custom-sort our labour menu. This includes double entries, ie. having mining on its own and also a labour group that includes, say, mining and engraving. Or mining and farming if you swing that way.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Shift+enter: toggle all labours in a group
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:49:06 pm »

That would be awesome. It'd save me a ton of time when managing my dwarves labors.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »

Simple, easy and helpful.  I'd probably only use it for hauling, but that alone is worth it.

MaxMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »

I was also thinking about something like that, only for wall construction where you could press Shift+U/H/K/M to get maximum wall size.

Trucidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:15 pm »

This is a brilliant idea, I mean, I DO use The-rapist and all, but I wish some of its features were more integrated.  Shift +enter for hauling (or any labor group, with customizable labor groupings in the .ini) would be absurdly awesome. 
I mean, to be honest, I'd like to see the whole ingame labor system get revamped.  Perhaps it could be as easy making a separate and more complete labor screen.  Or perhaps on the screen that lists the units, you could have a system of letters or symbols representing what they are currently set to do. (I.E. Iamadwarf Ilovemyfortress (Job Title) W H :: which might mean that this particular dwarf is set to cut wood and haul things regardless of what his proficiencies are. (this would be further enhanced by customizable settings in the ini).
I hope any of that makes sense, I love the The-Rapist but I'd prefer it all to be right there : ).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »

Approved.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DoctorZuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »

now this... I agree with. This was actually one of my very first thoughts when I saw the new skill organizations.