Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaching the HFS  (Read 1182 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Reaching the HFS
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:07:23 pm »

Are there any natural routes into the HFS/chasm or do you have to make one in dorf mode?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Reaching the HFS
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:38:15 pm »

there are reports on people reaching the place by sword.
but for the faster way you could just dig down.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:37:18 pm »

Natural ways exist to the demonic temple, and removing the sword there creates a path. But the adamantium path must be dwarfed into existance. Nonetheless, you don't get to traverse the underword for hours and hours, desprately fighting strange creatures as your food supples dwindle and you keep yourself alive with the spilled blood of these abominations as you wish for death but continue on any... Perhaps you should just carve a path.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:47:24 pm »

Hey, I've been to a demonic temple in adv. mode, all you really need to bring is a lot of food because there are guaranteed underground lakes in your path. Also, the denizens of the temple are really hard to kill, in case you hadn't guessed.

haywire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »

Hey, I've been to a demonic temple in adv. mode, all you really need to bring is a lot of food because there are guaranteed underground lakes in your path. Also, the denizens of the temple are really hard to kill, in case you hadn't guessed.

Any helpful hints on looking for it?  Spent a couple hours wandering around underground.  Got bored of killing the occasional troll, troglodytes and giant olms.  Only found one small group of animal men also.  Mostly it just seems like a lot of wandering around and not really doing much.

Cerion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »

If you're tired of wandering around you can use fortress mode and the reveal utility to find a temple of doom (there should be one temple per map tile)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »

Supposedly you can use the quest log (Default shift-q) to zoom in on 'underworld' locations and then travel toward them, after getting into a cave.

Honestly, though? It's going to take a bloody long time walking even then, unless you get freakishly lucky. I had one dude wandering around for probably four-five hours real time and didn't even make it to the second layer =/

Digging is much, much easier, especially with HFS-stone breathing hyperspeed dwarves.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.