Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: monitor problem  (Read 649 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
monitor problem
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:52 pm »

My computer seems to be sending a constant idle signal to my monitor. The power light on my monitor is blinking and its a black screen. If i unplug it, it will light up saying no signal. I cant use my comp at all plz help :(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: monitor problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:45:40 pm »

What kind of monitor is it? One of the older CCTV monitors or the newer plasmascreen?

Anyways, did you check to see if all of the monitor connections are connected?

Also, I think this would go in the general discussion section, but whatever.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:46 pm »

my video card has two connections.. i tried both, i restarted several times i powered off completly and it didnt work.... i finaly got it to work by trying to move the computer while it was on...............  all the connections where checked and rechecked before i tried to move it but now suddenly it just worked.....

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:59:00 pm »

Hmm, try wiggling the wires around and see what happens.

Edit: I'm not trying to make you break your computer, I'm just trying to see whether its the wires. Since the power cable is working fine, we can rule that one out, so maybe its the data cable.

Try hooking up the monitor that you are using to a different computer and see if that works, if it doesn't work there, then its the cable. Depending on the monitor you're using as some have a data cable that has connectors on both ends, if the one you have has the mentioned kind of cable, you should be able to replace that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:48:43 am by smjjames »

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:13:55 am »

Im not sure why but i am hqving this monitor problem again. I have checked all the connections and they are fine.  This is the forth time its happened and it usually starts working after several hours of restarting qnd phisical abuse.