Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mini-artifact containers?  (Read 339 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mini-artifact containers?
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:52:07 pm »

I heard about plans for "mini-artifacts", things that get an artifact status by earning it instead of just being made by a fey creature. I was wondering if anyone would think that it's a good idea to have containers gain mini-artifact status by either containing a whole bunch of wealth or artifacts, or belonging to a legendary adventurer. I thought of this while I was playing Adventure mode seriously for the first time in 31.01. My adventurer had quickly amassed (though what I can assume to be a glitch involving caves) enough food and drink to last an entire dwarven mountainhome for a thousand years, as well as a good number of fancy trinkets, and a component from every named enemy she slew, and put it all into the Black Bear Leather bag she started out with (apparently, adventurer bags are Bags Of Holding now). Seems like a bag that contained that much incredible goods and wealth (a dwarven fortress with that much food an alcohol could simply collapse its entrance and wait for its citizens to die of old age) should attain as good a status as any dragon-killing masterwork sword.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-artifact containers?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:37 pm »

Mini-artifacts are supposed to revolve around the artifact having done something..killing stuff, mostly. It would take some reworking to make containers gain artifact status as well...but that does sound rather cool, especially when the economy is fleshed out and you have your gigantic, obsidian coffer that holds the wealth of your fortress, and has a name and everything.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti