Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bridge error?  (Read 547 times)

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bridge error?
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »

So, I built a fortress next to a volcano, and was using bridges over the magma as the only way into my fortress, as an awesome defense mechanism.

My mason/architect starts working on the bridge, finishes it, and then gets stuck standing on it for a while (almost a month) and neither he nor anyone else can move over the bridge.

Finally, he starts being able to move, and everyone else can move across it too. Then about 20 steps later he develops large wounds to the head, both arms, and both legs, and promptly bleeds to death.

So... What the hell? Is this some kind of bug, or do bridges normally cause massive bodily damage? I'm using DF2010, with no modifications to anything other than turning off the intro in the INIT file.
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.
This is how everything works. This, right here, is DF.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge error?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:06:35 pm »

The stuck-on-the-bridge thing might be because of a pathfinding bug in the current version.

As for the massive wounds, was it raining at the moment? There's another bug that seems to be an unholy spawn of a) wonky temperatures and b) boiling water coverings not being a good thing to have on you.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.