Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When frustration becomes amusement...  (Read 671 times)

Malsqueek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When frustration becomes amusement...
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:11:26 pm »

I just had a goblin master thief get wounded entering my hallway, so i sent my dwarves who were training with their axes out, and rather than pick up real weapons, all four of them took their finely crafted wooden training axes.

The four of them beat on him for about a minute before he ran out the front door taking them with him.

I imagine the scene from shaun of the dead where three of them are beating the bartender zombie with pool cues to Queen. Priceless.

Now to get them to actualyl equip their weapons before REAL problems come along.

Pwnage_Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When frustration becomes amusement...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:32:56 pm »

issues like this are why I only train my recruits with arena deathmatches.  I usually leave the goblins armed, as well.  More fun that way.
Wolf cancels Breathe: Interrupted by =Ash Bolt=

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: When frustration becomes amusement...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:21:34 pm »

I had a similar situation with a deer.  The poor thing took almost a month to die and the report of what happened is just brutal.

As for how to handle thing, I believe one way around it is with uniforms.  Have a 'training' uniform and allow them only training weapons, then a 'combat' uniform to switch to when it's time to fight. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!