Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solution to Healthcare Issues  (Read 751 times)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Solution to Healthcare Issues
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »

This seems exactly the WRONG idea to try, but it suprisingly worked for me. I had a lot of dwarves that were kinda mildly injured but stuck in the "Rest Injuries" stasis since their wounds had healed before treatment could apply. So i figured i'd reinjure them a little to rest things... by dropping a single tile cave-in on the hospital. It worked! Most of the dwarves resting in the beds got up and got on with their lives :D

EDIT: Got excited and spoke to soon, apparently they eventually return to the hospital to rest D:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:03:04 am by Vigilant »

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solution to Healthcare Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:32:46 am »

well a cavein either instakills them or just knocks them out right?  In the previous version at least neither of those actually caused injuries.  Maybe drop some hoary marmots on them or spike them a little and see if that works?   
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:52:22 am »

Nah i've seen a cave-in break bones before, it's theoretically worth a shot if i have nothing else to do.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:24 am »

Well a cavein is one way to go...though personally I prefer to just un-build their bed. If their wounds are already healed then they will leave and stay gone, at least until they get hurt again.

Rystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:26:18 am »

We need to enact a bipartisan effort to address the issues with Dwarven Healthcare.
A sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:48:08 am »

Can you put them in a burough(sp) which has a hospital zone of retracted spikes?