Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I make an aquarium?  (Read 644 times)

Jaega1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How do I make an aquarium?
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:48:18 am »

So I have decided that I want to make a giant aquarium that surrounds my legendary dinning room.   It will have glass walls so that everyone can admire the fish.  That part is easy.  The difficulty is that I want to fill the water with every manner of fish and sea monster that I can find.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to capture sea creatures and put them in a specific pond?  I know that fisheries have a get live fish option but I could not get it to work.

Rystic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make an aquarium?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:19:42 am »

So I have decided that I want to make a giant aquarium that surrounds my legendary dinning room.   It will have glass walls so that everyone can admire the fish.  That part is easy.  The difficulty is that I want to fill the water with every manner of fish and sea monster that I can find.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to capture sea creatures and put them in a specific pond?  I know that fisheries have a get live fish option but I could not get it to work.

Although I've never done it personally, I know you need to use cages made out of glass.
A sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:16 am »

Note that unless you use windows, your dwarves won't actually be able to see the fish. Which is a good thing, because otherwise they will run around screaming about the monsters in the dining room that will kill them. Then again, you might be able to tame the creatures with a dungeon master...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Jaega1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:59:20 am »

Wow, I completely forgot that the dwarves would freak about the sea creatures through the windows.  I guess that I will have to rethink this idea.  Still trying to get them tamed would be a great, assuming it is possible.