Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4e Scales of War D&D Campaign.  (Read 1489 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
4e Scales of War D&D Campaign.
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:25:40 am »

The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness.

The Antler and Thistle Inn is strangely quiet for this time of the early evening. The barman stands behind the bar, idly wiping it with a rag. Two waitresses drift around the room, occasionally picking up the odd flagon or mopping up spillages. A small group of three humans are gambling in a back corner of the room, a decent-sized stack of coins on the table in front of them. A young man sits an his chair, hunched over a flagon, occasionally shooting glances towards a young couple who are talking animatedly to each other, their drinks forgotten. Two old men sit at the bar, chatting about old times and better times.

The Inn is sparsely decorated, the prevailing theme being 'brown', although it does have a few splashes of colour here and there, once in the form of a tattered banner, displaying a faded blue field, borne with a yellow moon being grasped by a clawed red hand.

Your party has taken a table by the fire, simply to banish the cold of your journey to Brindol. Originally, you banded together out of mutual protection, but now you've decided to try and make something out of your life on the roads.

What do you do?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: 4e Scales of War D&D Campaign.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »

Warder taps his fingers on the table, the metal digits making a dull thudding sound with every impact.

"This seems eerily familiar somehow..."

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:28:19 pm »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:50:27 pm by Mishy »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:33:08 pm »

((The set up thread is on Page 2 of the subforum right now. Also, it's been up for a week, and has the same damn name.))
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:57:57 am »

Eris looks around, listening to any interesting conversations.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:47 pm »

Andar drinks his ale merrily, and invites his friends to a rousing song!
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 04:32:30 pm »

Ralid ignores the drunken halfling and sips his wine, scaning the bar.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 12:25:53 am »

Kalaar, slams his fist into the table.

"Bah! Why must we sit hear and rest when adventures abound around us?"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 02:58:09 pm »

Bors, nursing a mug of whiskey, slides a bit farther along the table, not wanting to be associated with brash reptilian drunkards.
Shoes...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 01:52:02 am »

Kalaar peers around the table at those that sit at it, he lowers his voice to barely a whisper.

"Stop sitting around believing things will come around to you. You all have goals in your life, to become rich, famous, whatever. The heroes of old did not sit around and wait for dungeons to come to them, to mighty beasts to stalk them. No, they went out and found the dungeons, they went out and stalked the mighty beasts themselves."

Kalaar stands from the table and gulps down the last mouthfuls of ale. He walks over to the bar and sits down, he calls for the barman. Lowering his voice somewhat, he asks him.

"I, uh, I'm looking for some work. Some, mercenary work for my party and I."

Kalaar cocks his head to the party sitting by the fire.

"Know where I can find some?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:54:12 am »

Eris simply leans her chair back, and puts her feet up on the table. A noncommittal "Hmph" is all she says as she continues to look around, attempting to overhear conversation.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 01:58:02 am »

(Actually if memory serves the module opens up with an invasion of Brindol, so things will come to us; they will come to us with sharp things and poke us with them. Fortunately it was sufficiently long ago that i don't remember any details.)

"Calm yourself, for it is late and our friends tire. Even though i do not sleep, i can recognise the benefits of resting awhile. The town will not pick itself up and run away in the night, of that i can assure you."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:19:08 am »

"Alright then, I'll get try and see if I can't get ourselves a discount." With that, Eris stands up and saunters to the barkeep.

"How much for a room?"
YOU DOUBLE PENIS