Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water cleans dwarves  (Read 501 times)

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water cleans dwarves
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:22:06 am »

If a dwarf is submerged in water, all body parts that get a water covering should transfer any other coverings on that body part to the water.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Water cleans dwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 03:07:53 am »

This happens already.  That's why dwarves that get caught in the rain, or adventurers that climb out a pool, leave a puddle of blood etc. on the ground, where the water washed it off.

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:33:09 am »

So THATS why My stream is filled with blood. I thought the fireflies were holding 10 litres of blood each.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:45 am »

I thought it would give them a water covering as well as the previous covering, like in 40d. Then again, with the healthcare improvements...
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:11:36 am »

Yeah, the water covering replaces everything else.  There was a devlog about it:

Any water splashed on to a creature, item or vegetation will wash any clingy contaminant filth on to the ground (blood, vomit, mud, etc.). Dwarves can also take a job to clean themselves up. It's still a little up in the air as to whether they'll be able to sneak drinks when they do these jobs, as that would save time but also rob them of precious alcohol unless they start drinking alcohol when they aren't thirsty (which wouldn't be that mindboggling)... however it might need to wait for party rewrites and so on to be at its best. If I don't change it I don't think the extra cleaning job will be that disruptive of a time sink, since cleanings are done fairly infrequently overall, even if a dwarf's feet/shoes constantly become caked in filth, and dwarves that are stuck drinking water can still sneak a wash.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:10 am »

I'd like an activity zone for bathing and the action able to be restricted to zones in the orders menu. No more polluted drinking water! No more bloody well rooms!
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.