Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No shell?  (Read 1320 times)

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No shell?
« on: April 04, 2010, 02:40:01 pm »

How do I get shells in the new version? Cave lobsters no longer seem to give any when cooked/eaten, and I'm pretty sure I've got a strange mood that needs em.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: No shell?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »

You have to fish them up and prepare them at afishery now.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

coco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

I hope its okay to pirate your thread but i encountered a strange problem.

When i order some shell job like gauntlets or crafts they are "processed" in the workshop list but the craftsdwarf is neither using the shell existing in the shop nor is there any item outcome.

Maybe i forgot something or is there a workaround?!

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:22:53 pm »

Is there currently a way to get shells on a map where you don't have fishable water, now? I bought some lobsters from a trader, but can't seem to process them to get shells from them.. unless I'm missing something, which I suppose is probably fairly likely.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:54 pm »

I had the same problem and took care of it by modding existing butcherable creatures, in my case it were cougars. See thread here.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=52649.new#new

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 04:45:00 pm »

LOL, my cows now have shells.. how ridiculous. Thanks!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 05:56:30 pm »

Is there currently a way to get shells on a map where you don't have fishable water, now? I bought some lobsters from a trader, but can't seem to process them to get shells from them.. unless I'm missing something, which I suppose is probably fairly likely.

It's believed that every map has fishable water now.  You might have to dig fairly far down to find it, but it won't be as hard to find as the narrow underground rivers used to be  :P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 06:34:04 pm »

It's believed that every map has fishable water now.  You might have to dig fairly far down to find it, but it won't be as hard to find as the narrow underground rivers used to be  :P
Well my aboveground water has no fish whatsoever, though that may be because it freezes in the winter and kills everything dispite embarking on a river and a lake. Not sure if the underground one has fish because I savescummed that one due to certain metals being present. I wana get the actual king for once...

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

S'possible. I just know that my swamps, brook, and caverns were all empty.  :(