Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure : Turn off Annoucements  (Read 414 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure : Turn off Annoucements
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:54:00 am »

Sometimes you're adventuring with a party, then you seperate and end up going in a different place then them. If they get attacked, you're given the notifications of what's happening.

This means sometimes the screen is spammed completely (even up to 3 [more]s), most of which is rather useless. Moreover, this is rather unrealistic, as s/he wouldn't know what's happening out of his range of sight.

So the suggestion is, remove the annoucements for things the adventurer can't see...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure : Turn off Annoucements
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »

My biggest gripe with the ammouncement system is that there are often multiple swordsmen, goblins etc that tend to give confusing results.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »

I don't think just turning off the anouncements is a solution.  What we need is a way to figure out where the battle is so we can get to it and help/take advantage of the ally being mauled.  It's really annoying when allies that have managed to stay alive for a long time and actually gotten stronger end up dead cause they get in over their head and there's nothing you can do to help them.

Another problem is when you bring a bunch of allies to fight a boss only to have them get taken down one by one as the boss knows exactly where they are but you can't even get a vague idea of the direction.

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

Thats very true, sometimes i rush in trying to trace back my steps and help them...

Also It'd be nycer if they're named? Swordsman A , B ect so you have an idea of who's who? Same for enemies...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks