Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: does the world continue to live on ?  (Read 965 times)

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
does the world continue to live on ?
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:28:02 am »

I ran into two cases today so I would like your opinions .

first  I was a human and as I left my starting town I was met by 6 Elves one which was a 385 year old queen , they instantly told me to prepare to die but this was steps away from the building you start in , I killed the queen but got a arrow in the face right after . so were they launching an attack ? like you read about in legends ?

the next was in the same world I created a human again to go back and see if they attacked the town but I was started in a different town and on my way back I melted . so I checked legends and there was new historical figures after my created adventurers . 5 white wraiths but no Elves . my question is were they making attacks somewhere else in the world ? because they had killed humans after my first adventurer died .

so my question is does the world continue to stay persistent or does it just stop ? do civs continue to launch attacks on each other if Im not there ? if ot is this planned in future release ? 1 more question say I retire a adventurer in a town is there a way to continue world gen without playing fortress mode?

thanks in advance

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: does the world continue to live on ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:29:47 am »

Planned in a future release, unfortunately.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:40 am »

Yep, planned in the future release. But I'm eager to get the "interrupt worldgen, mess around, continue worldgen" part. Avatar of Armok killing half of the world and suddenly disappearing in 1066 just to go back to the world and kick ass in 2000. And coming back every thousand years.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:54:58 pm »

Well, I'm new to the Adventurer mode. Just started playing around with it today, in a Pocket Island map, so I can see what are the implications of killing civs/evil monsters etc.
It's pretty awesome already...and I'd like to ask something:

There were 3 human settlements, and 1 dwarven.
I started as a Dwarf, that didn't like humans because they're evil.
So I trained a lot and destroyed 2 human settlements, there's one left (that I will kill half the population tomorrow).

I'm actually doing this so Dwarves can have an edge or something (I'm experimenting  ;D)
Anyway: Dwarves had a Queen. Suddenly she disappeared, but the Dwarven Civ still exists.
Also I saw some Dwarves going away from the settlement, and when I talked to them, they answered "Ask me when I return home!", could they be migrating while I play Adventure Mode?

Also I've never entered Legends. I will retire the guy and read legends, after I kill those humans by pinching their eyes.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 09:03:23 am »

My previous adventurer had massacred alot of humans.
I come back as another to find my previous adventurer's corpse.
I then proceeded to a goblin fortress and threw corpses at people.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.