Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Awesome Arena Experiments/experiences thread  (Read 724 times)

gilrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Awesome Arena Experiments/experiences thread
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:00:47 am »

So here's what I have been wasting my time with:

GM Cyclops (named Chuck), meet peasant dwarf. Grab the dwarf's head with left hand (in wrestling mode), throw. Watch as the dwarf explodes in a ball of gore against the wall.

GM Bronze colossus, meet peasant elf. Grab the elf's head with left hand, "pinch" head with left hand. *POP* The elf was struck down  ;D

GM Nightwing with full adamantium armor and a great axe, meet army of 50 cats. SOOOOO many body parts.

Has anybody found any other creatures that are as awesome as the nightwing to perform your experiments with?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The Awesome Arena Experiments/experiences thread
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:41:13 am »

I play soccer with flesh balls.

(Just remove the tag called [ARENA_RESTRICTED] that is found at the beginning of each of the deep creature entries in the raws)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:09:05 am »

I found that an adamantium-clad Bronze colossus takes much longer to melt in magma than one without, which I found very interesting.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:51 am »

Hi, I'm already conducting series of experiments within boundaries of arena and I'm taking suggestions as what to do next. Follow up here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=52743.0
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

gilrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:36:09 am »

My most recent findings:

Merpeople are INSANE. They have somewhere close to 2000 speed, so they dodge just about anything that comes their way and if they knock somebody down, that's like five free attacks. A GM slade-equipped merperson can singlehandedly take down just about anything (except colossi, but they're pretty quick at neutralizing them nonetheless).

Also, Slade equipment on Sea Monsters (and possibly certain other large creatures) sometimes return stupidly high weights. Like, the chain armor was somewhere around 50k units of weight.

Armor seems to help against fall damage. Dropping a critter from top to bottom usually killed it (especially the smaller ones), while decking it with slade armor and doing it again left it with a couple major injuries.

phi2dao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:57:35 am »

Well, the slade equipment weights make sense, because slade is crazy dense.  It's like ten times denser than the next densest metal or something.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 12:15:40 pm »

I attempted to set a grandmaster biter beak dog on a herd of cats, but I forgot to turn the cats off independent.  So I just sat back and watched as a massive stack of 30 cats had a battle royal and ripped each other into very small shreds.  It was impressive.

Then I did it again and left the cats on the same side, and that was also fun, as while directly controlling the beak dog I'd rip a limb off every other attack.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.