Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [31.01] Skeletal creatures might be unkillable.  (Read 4584 times)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: [31.01] Skeletal creatures might be unkillable.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 02:06:57 pm »

Not so.
Axes still attack the severed limbs, but just pass right through.

axes just cause more than superficial damage.

My axe squad has been hacking at a quartet of zombie goats for two  seasons now, one died and the plain is strewn with hacked off pieces of goat zombie, which have since turned into skeletal goats by the way.
Just now one of my troops died of thirst while fighting.
Self preservation has been lost from the AI.

edit: once the bedridden dwarf died, my commander went nuts killed all the other dwarves except a melancholy survivor in the sewers. (I abandoned him axing the goats)
I did a reclaim and was soon assaulted by the same berserk dwarf, the whole team was dispatched in seconds.
a third reclaim team geared for battle failed as well, six of the axemen were killed outright, the last went in a tantrum killed the berzerker then found some zombie goats and got killed.
Which was sad, I'd have liked to see the engravings for this deed.
My currently fourth reclamation team came fully prepared...
but again the goats lewed! the goats...they are calling me.

Only the darn hooves ever come off. :(
Besides the occasional superb slash that cuts an undead in two, there is no way to kill these bags of bones with conventional combat. IMHO 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:02:56 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Teckno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 07:04:45 pm »

Not sure if this is related to the problem I'm having, but it seems its not just skeletal creatures. I had a regular old dwarf do berserk and it took 4 axedwarfs (that soon became axelords) in full iron plate plus a few wrestlers over a season to take him down. He lost all his fingers and toes and everything else got yellow or red but the little bastard just wouldn't die. However almost all the solders later died from their wounds shortly afterward, wounds from an unarmed dwarf....

That was the the most extreme example, but all the combat Ive seen in the new release is like that. I think its just combat in general that's busted.

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »

On the bright side, attacking an unkillable target makes for great training as long as you remember to rescind the kill order for hungry/drowsy/thirsty dwarves.

Luckily, some caravan guards happened upon my undead goats and are willing to distract them if I ever want to recall all of my military, so I regularly send a squad over then just recall all of them when needed.  The caravan guards have been fighting them for about a year now and transformed from macedwarves to elite wrestlers.
Pages: 1 [2]