Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reactions- Building  (Read 553 times)

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reactions- Building
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:43:50 pm »

It seems as though a lot of different built in building can have reactions added to them now, as is proved by the reactions_other.txt file. Kitchens and the Tanner work, but it seems like finding the 'correct name' for the building is important.

Does anyone have a list of correct building names, by chance? Such as what is the correct string to use for a Mason's Worskshop?

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions- Building
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:54:22 pm »

My guess is take a look at the string dump.
for a building try  setting one up as
[BUILDING:MASON:NONE] for masonry... my test is gonna be on   making a leather sling (weapon) at the leatherworks....
Once I figure out how to make the reaction make the "item_weapon_sling" as the product.

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:35:28 pm »

Nope, [BUILDING:MASON:NONE] does not result in a reaction being added to the Mason's Workshop. It makes me think that Kitchens and Tanner are hard coded in, but... I don't know.

From the String Dump, it almost seems like the KITCHEN, KILN, SMELTER are hard coded in as able to have custom reactions.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:45:52 pm by Upright Path »

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:40:58 pm »

Nope, [BUILDING:MASON:NONE] does not result in a reaction being added to the Mason's Workshop. It makes me think that Kitchens and Tanner are hard coded in, but... I don't know.

Did you remember to add your custom reaction to the list of allowed reactions in entity_default.txt ?
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:46:53 pm »

Oh yes. If I set it to be [BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE], it shows up (And I can make it.)

Whereas [BUILDING:MASON:NONE], [BUILDING:MASONS:NONE], [BUILDING:MASONRY:NONE], etc. it does not show up.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:36 pm »

From the String Dump, it almost seems like the KITCHEN, KILN, SMELTER are hard coded in as able to have custom reactions.
Almost? I would say that that's almost certainly what it looks like.

Try replicating all the jobs of the mason's workshop, then making your own custom masonry for those jobs. You ought to be able to make it identical but able to have reactions added. Can the default workshop then be disabled for the entity?
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 11:11:03 pm »

Except that in the little chunk where it looks hard coded, TANNER isn't listed with it. But there's a custom TANNER reaction.