Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A tree grows in . . . my nobles room!?  (Read 948 times)

DoctorZuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A tree grows in . . . my nobles room!?
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:51:15 am »

A scary thought for you guys. With the new system we now have the concept of mud, blood and stone (possibly other things too) being tracked all over the place as dwarves walk from place to place. Combining this with how common tower caps are now it has created a rather nightmarish possibility.

Baron Brown Trowsers comes home from a long day of standing around giving pointless orders to the dwarves and goes to bed, tracking mud all over the floor of his shiny engraved noble room. While he sleeps, a tower cap notices this pile of mud that has formed in the room and decides to take root, destroying a tile of beautiful engraving in the process (when tower caps grow they replace any tile with sand or soil). If this were the floor of a lesser dwarf and perhaps made out of constructed flooring this wouldn't be possible since constructed floors are immune to tower cap growth. As far as I know, mighty engraved floors are still fair game. Consider yourself warned.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: A tree grows in . . . my nobles room!?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:30:15 am »

Well, might as well restrict the tile the tower cap is on and save it until it grows up, as removing it by any means turns the tile into a soil tile (though you can turn it back into a rock tile using a construction or a road), and a tower cap is a nice break from the standard blocky floors.

And it takes much more work to do this on purpose. And yes I like the sporry things. :P

Argh, my reading skills suck, Ignore this post.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 05:25:28 am »

Pff, some Baron if the Baroness isn't managing the household servants. Burrow a dozen uniformed peasants to stand around on cleaning detail in his chambers.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:34:06 am »

So umm? What is this suggesting?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275