Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My artifact emerald window...  (Read 2385 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
My artifact emerald window...
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:16:26 am »

I just installed my 193200* emerald window in its creator's bedroom, and my fortress's wealth about tripled. Is that normal?

Also, so I don't waste space, I just got a kobold thief that died in five seconds with none of my soldiers anywhere nearby and no trade caravan. I don't know whether I should be more amazed by that or the fact that the little bastard was wearing carp leather.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:20:24 am by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My artifact emerald window...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:14:08 am »

It seems that the window counts as furniture, displayed, and possibly architecture.
And the kobold melted, from what I guess.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:43 am »

Well, I might end up seeing if it happens again on my new file - I ran out of food and my dorfs starved. I quit before the tantrum spiral.
くコ:彡

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 02:39:39 pm »

I can just see the headlines now.

"Carp kills Kobold from Beyond the Grave"

"A kobold thief was found dead today on the outskirts of the dwarven mountainhall of CheeseWheel. The kobold was found wearing a carp leather tunic, which appeared to have caught around the kobold's neck and strangled it. An official investigation is underway."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:52:26 pm »

Oh dear, carp just became more Godlike then ever. Ooo ooo, what if we get a few skeletal carp now? What with the unkillable status of skeletal things... it could get interesting. Though as with most dwarven problems, applying magma is a option.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »

Oh dear, carp just became more Godlike then ever. Ooo ooo, what if we get a few skeletal carp now? What with the unkillable status of skeletal things... it could get interesting. Though as with most dwarven problems, applying magma is a option.
Not even magma can melt bones.
Skeletal carp would spell doom not only for the world. It would doom the entire multiverse.
And that is why you're NOT supposed to have carp in the raws!

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 04:24:14 pm »

Funny enough I had some Carp in my new river, but the river was moving too fast relative to their mass so they all wound up clustered at the exit end of the river and eventually starved and died.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

But it can make magma even more lethal. Why dump just magma on your opponents when you can dump magma and skeletal carp on your enemies?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

But it can make magma even more lethal. Why dump just magma on your opponents when you can dump magma and skeletal carp on your enemies?

Oh! Are we talking about the recipe to make Armok's blood?
Fill your pot with magma, add a pinch of skeletal carp, stir and voíla!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »

Oh! Are we talking about the recipe to make Armok's blood?
Fill your pot with magma, add a pinch of skeletal carp, stir and voíla!
I should have paid attention in biology class. I'd completely forgotten that Armok has carp for white blood cells.