Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Customization!  (Read 843 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Adventurer Customization!
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:56:57 am »

I know that when you make an adventurer in DF2010, you get all randomized and shit. So I propose that in the next update (the one where adventurers can do skills and stuff), we be able to totally customize our adventurer, from physical appearance to attributes to soul attributes. Physical appearance and soul traits wouldn't be so hard, as it doesn't really do so much in game. I guess that physical attributes could have its own points bank, like skills do, but you can only do so much. This is simple (I hope) and it would satisfy my hunger for making my adventurers not be some weirdo that I didn't want them to be.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Adventurer Customization!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:02 am »

This is somewhat planned and has been discussed a multitude of times.   I'll let you do a search for yourself.

Toady's said before that this is hard since ostensibly your character exists in the world before you take control of it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:08:34 am »

I didn't find anything really relevant except a thread from 2008.  Am I using the search wrong?

On the whole thing about it being planned, I apologize for bringing up an old topic. I didn't know :X
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:37:20 am »

Many things on regarding this questions where in one of the df-talks which arent included in the search. Other things had been discussed in the FotF threads which too arent included when you only search in the suggestions board. You did nothing wrong thought.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:47 pm »

How much does the personality weigh into worldgen though? Changing the data of an existing dwarf aside from gender would probably do little.