Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multi-PRODUCT reactions  (Read 1333 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-PRODUCT reactions
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:16 am »

Wait, were you saying that if you had a 50% chance for five products you might only get some of them? Do you have a confirmation on that? Because at least in the 40d version it only rolled once for reaction products instead of for each product individually meaning that a reaction with 5 products set at 50% would have a 50% chance of giving you nothing and a 50% chance of giving you all of them, but never just giving you some of them. If this has been fixed it would be a godsend.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:42:10 am »

Wait, were you saying that if you had a 50% chance for five products you might only get some of them? Do you have a confirmation on that?
Just try yourself and you'll see.

Because at least in the 40d version it only rolled once for reaction products instead of for each product individually meaning that a reaction with 5 products set at 50% would have a 50% chance of giving you nothing and a 50% chance of giving you all of them, but never just giving you some of them.
You're lying.
Or you have been misinformed.

Because at least in 40d9/d11/d16/d19 the chance were calculated for every product separately.
I can bet everything on that.
Finis sanctificat media.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:53:51 am »

Sorry. Looking back to where I thought the answer was I realize that I had misinterpreted one of Toady One's statements in the Future of the Fortress thread. My deepest apologies. :-\
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:29:30 am »

Sorry. Looking back to where I thought the answer was I realize that I had misinterpreted one of Toady One's statements in the Future of the Fortress thread. My deepest apologies. :-\

Glad to dispel your delusion.  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.
Pages: 1 [2]