Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Dwarven caravan late  (Read 1137 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Dwarven caravan late
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »

In the last version, the dwarven caravan would arrive on the 15th of the first month of autumn (Limestone).  In my first fort of this version, they waited until the 15th of the last month of autumn (Timber), is this expected?
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Dwarven caravan late
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 03:05:31 am »

In my fortress all caravans arrived late...
the dwarven one short before  winter, the elven one shortly before summer...
(donīt know about the human one, as I abandoned the fort in summer)
so I assume it is expected...
maybe it has something to do with the distance from the next  dwarven/human/elven settlement
(my fortress was founded in a huge terrifying mountain range, rather distant from human/elven/dwarven settlements) 

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:12:53 am »

Hi!

I don't think it is caused by relative distance, as it seems to be rather common.

Instead, I think that the schedule has simply be changed. I mean, is there any natural law that says they have to arrive in an early part of the season?

The caravans come approximately one season apart from each other and stay about 1 month in your depot - that is just the same as before, so I don't see a bug in there.

Deathworks

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:58:52 am »

realism gets tossed around a lot, and it isn't that realistic for a caravan to set out so leate in autumn, especially if they are heading into an area with heavy blizzards. Set out early so you ensure you spend most of your time traveling when the weather is nicest, and you have time to deal with problems on the way too.