Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01]Unkillable, weak titan  (Read 895 times)

KFD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01]Unkillable, weak titan
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:20 pm »

THE SAND TITAN OSIME INEVILOLAMA HAS COME. AND ENORMOUS QUADRUPED COMPOSED OF SPHALERITE. IT HAS A SHORT HORN AND IT MOVES DELIBERATELY.
At first i was worried about the death of my fortress, as i had only wrestlers due to my misunderstanding of how the arsenal dwarf worked. I got him fixed JUST before the beast came, so no one had any skills. After drafting half my fortress(60 dwarves), I expected to either crush the beast with pure dwarven might, or fail utterly. Instead, stalemate. All body parts are red, except for its feet, which have been lopped off entirely. It actually got to this point fairly quickly, once the dwarven swarm descended upon it. Yet, it will not die, despite the fact that my 60ish dwarves have been fighting it so long they are almost all above proficient in whatever weapon they found. Of course, it is also so weak that is has not been able to kill a single thing. Not even the untrained dogs that attack it have sustained casualty. All it does it sit in my entryway, in a constant stalemate, scaring all my civilians.

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01]Unkillable, weak titan
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:05:01 pm »

I had an identical problem at smaller scale with a skeletal giant eagle. All body parts red very quickly but refused to die. My soldiers died of thirst while trying to kill it over several months.

KFD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:07:02 pm »

At this point, it seems my soldiers are actually turning back into civilians to drink or something, but my civilians who were caught on the wrong side of the titan cannot get to my food and drink stockpiles, and although they can drink at the river, they are still dying of hunger.

sethwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »

Skeletal things and things like that titan (and bronze colossi) cannot be killed by dwarfs. It's a bug (I hope). Although I've heard if you lop off their head they will die, it's just that sometimes no weapon in the game can do enough damage, and even if they can once something is damaged beyond a certain point it can no longer be chopped off.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:41:13 pm »

I wonder if it's because they have no organs? so you basically end up "destroying them utterly"

It'd be nice if, you know, you could rip off more than their hands and feet though. So they'd stop being a danger entirely.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending