Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] I have no need for you; seek out dead quest-giver.  (Read 2212 times)

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] I have no need for you; seek out dead quest-giver.
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:27:34 am »

0.31.01, vanilla. With a previous character I had been given a quest by this dead warlord to kill the lizard fiend law-giver of the very same town (known bug); because I had become a member of the local church of trade, a civil war broke out (known bug) and the warlord died when he decided to attack my character for actually succeeding in my quest. I came back as a new character and started asking around for quests, and got referred to that same (still dead) warlord.

As a side note: His corpse wasn't in The Golden Trances.  :)

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] I have no need for you; seek out dead quest-giver.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:15:09 am »

you quest is laid out for you: seek out Onec Duneglows the Island of Flutes! if he has need of you, serve him -otherwise kill him and take his legendary sword!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing has never been so much fun!
    • View Profile
    • https://terencebennett.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »

I just had a similar problem! A warlord tells me to go and kill the local 'lizard fiend' law-giver on the floor above.

Yet the second I attack, I get swarmed with locals and beaten to death!

Checking the legends just states that she (the law-giver) had escaped from the underworld a millennium previous, convinced this town she was their God and lived there ever since.

That's the last time I blindly accept a quest from someone!  ;)

Out of curiosity, is there a way to access legends mode without quitting the game?

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:14:03 am »

you can retire your adventurer in town and reactivate him later with no consequences. in dwarf mode you can abandon a fort then reclaim it later -but that gets messy
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 06:03:11 pm »

I retired my adventurer, but how do I reactivate them? can I reactivate any of my retired adventurers? I can't even find my last one and he had some nice stuff on him!  ;)

Reclaiming an old fort?..I still have nightmares over the last time I tried that!  ;D

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:37 am »

when you enter the adventure mode race chooser, your retired adventurers will be at the bottom of the list

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 06:04:33 am »

To the OP: was Onec Duneglows a previous adventurer of yours?

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 03:10:57 pm »

Thanks Chronas! I can't believe I didn't notice that!  :-[