Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caste Specific clothing?  (Read 760 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Caste Specific clothing?
« on: April 04, 2010, 02:15:59 am »

I'm making a mod and I was wondering if it's possible to make caste/gender specific clothing. I am making a mod to include Shrykes, bird people with gross sexual dimorphism and sexual discrimination. the males are scrawny weaklings that wear rags and generally shitty clothing, while the vicious and bigger females wear jewels and silk and all sorts of stuff.

Help?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

chintznibbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caste Specific clothing?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:03:50 am »

I'm a noob to modding, but have you tried playing around with entity_default.txt?  I'm not sure if it recognizes caste-level differences in there, but I believe clothing preference is a civ-level tag, given that other civs have theirs determined there.  If caste differences are accepted, you could make rags or thongs or whatever Common for the male caste and set something else up for the females.

If you're asking about quality of clothing, I don't know if there's any way to modify that.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Caste Specific clothing?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:07:44 am »

I didn't really care about quality, I'll go check it out. If not, I'll make a suggestion for civ-level caste differences... maybe even jobs and rulers?

Thanks!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."