Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Caverns and Crafts  (Read 1348 times)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: Caverns and Crafts
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:02 pm »

Congratulations, you have found Queen Gohma. :P

I keep entering the underground and getting immediately fended off by trolls and troglodytes. Although there are also some fun little docile creatures, whom I promptly slaughtered. My justification was that they could have been a threat, and I just now realized how horrifically xenophobic that is...

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:52 pm »

You are mistaking something. It's not just a Giant Cave Spider with poison. It's about 5 times as big.

As for your military. If you want to go for a kill, make a squad, press s, the squad's key, then k, select the spider and pray to God.

Thanks, I'll try. And no, I don't think I was mistaken... as I said, it's a GIANT MYTHICAL giant cave spider. ;)

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »

Congratulations, you have found Queen Gohma. :P

I keep entering the underground and getting immediately fended off by trolls and troglodytes. Although there are also some fun little docile creatures, whom I promptly slaughtered. My justification was that they could have been a threat, and I just now realized how horrifically xenophobic that is...

Mine had snake people but they were blocked by various natural barriers so they just hang about. Too bad you can't befriend any such creatures.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 07:18:50 pm »

I lost several dwarves (five, including a legendary gem cutter) but they managed to kill the spider! Yay! A pick axe once against saves a fledgling fort with few other weapons at hand. Go miners!

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:31 pm »

Of course.. the aftermath is another matter. Someone who lost a friend got in a fight and is now on the "Justice" list.

However, someone who murdered a dwarf is not. What???

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:18 pm »

I fear the day cave spiders start being able to climb walls... I've been exploring by putting mine shafts several levels up inside the cieling of the caverns. I plan on using the rock pillars in combination with retracting bridges and doors to send stuff down in waves to begin "civilizing" the place. Wiping out amphiban and ant men. I'm beginning to feel like the British colonizing africa here frankly >_>;

Begin knocking out the unnecessary pillars. Capture a cave spider and set it up to web goblins. Kill off the remaining spiders, or at least isolate them in a single area that they can't get out of easily. Place traps and fortifications at all the entrances to the cavern network to deter further "invasions"

Anyway, the order is
Lake
Forest
Magma
HFS
right?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending
Pages: 1 [2]