Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Wagons (DF 0.31.01)  (Read 14372 times)

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Wagons (DF 0.31.01)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:06 pm »

I've already had the uber-elf caravan bug cause issues in one fortress. Took them an entire season to unload and then after trading they weren't able to load up again before a human caravan came in and apparently kicked them out of the depot.

As a result the left behind a ton of stuff, plus all the stuff I'd traded with them - none of which I actually wanted back, k'thx?

They are (sometimes) hauling waaay too much stuff. Just scrolling through their inventory is time consuming and obnoxious.

Luckily in my current fort they seem to come in with more-or-less normal load sizes. Not sure what the difference is.

And yeah, no wagons here either. Just pack animal trains despite excellent depot access routes.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 02:48:07 pm »

Not seen any wagons either... several forts but all below 4years.
I'll ask for anvills and  steel armours next time the mountainhome deigns to visit. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:04 pm »

Pack animals currently carry the same capacity that they did before 0.31, but considering the weights of objects have been reconfigured, for the most part to be (much) lighter, they can haul far more objects than they ever have and thus negating the need for a wagon (which I presume only start getting used once the trade goods exceed the capacity of a certain number of pack animals).  You could probably play with the raws a bit, modifying the trade capacity of the pack animals to your satisfaction, but ultimately it's not all that necessary mechanics-wise as you shouldn't be missing much.

It's still kind of a big deal if, say, you're playing on a map without flux, which wasn't a problem back when there were wagons :/

And yeah, I haven't received an wagons either  :'(

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 02:14:30 pm »

Perhaps someone can research a fix for this, kind of like the cat fix for 40d...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:19:06 am »

Yes, there is one. Make creatures' capacity as big as wagons'. That's the only thing I can suggest.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 04:10:44 pm »

I think I am having this problem, I have been at a fort for 15 years and received no caravans at all. My parent civ is dead but there ARE nearby civs of other races. I made a copy of my save, abandoned and checked the map and humans are listed, as well as dwarfs, but the only dwarf civ listed is the Contingent Flags, which is dead. I scrolled around the map and saw existing elven and human settlements. The only dwarven settlement is the dead one. But there's half a dozen cities of a live human civ near where I settled.

Edit: I checked bug tracker and saw several issues similar to this. I'm not sure which one is "the" one tho hehe

Edit2: Forgot to say, I'm having this problem in 31.06
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:00:47 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

pyrAmider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:11 pm »

I am also having the problem, but haven't characterized it well enough to make a formal bug report.  I receive no caravans from any civ, including Dwarves, even after having confirmed them as neighbors in the embark screen. 

I find that this problem happens consistently when I start near a location with a greyed-out, invalid embark option near severe terrain such as mountains.  I use the lower-case 'uhkm' keys to nudge the start location away, towards embark-okay biomes, just enough for the embark option to activate, but I know that part of my 4x4 square still includes biomes that are invalid for embarkation.  I wonder: If any part of your embark 4x4 square is part of a no-embark zone, will you be denied caravans from any civs?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:18:36 pm by pyrAmider »

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:03 pm »

I am also having the problem, but haven't characterized it well enough to make a formal bug report.  I receive no caravans from any civ, including Dwarves, even after having confirmed them as neighbors in the embark screen. 

I find that this problem happens consistently when I start near a location with a greyed-out, invalid embark option near severe terrain such as mountains.  I use the lower-case 'uhkm' keys to nudge the start location away, towards embark-okay biomes, just enough for the embark option to activate, but I know that part of my 4x4 square still includes biomes that are invalid for embarkation.  I wonder: If any part of your embark 4x4 square is part of a no-embark zone, will you be denied caravans from any civs?

I am currently on an embark that is 9x9 with most of it in mountains (greyed out no-embark zone) but some of it is savannah and some of it is badlands.  I got the dwarf caravan (dwarves were listed as the only neighbor civ for me when I looked on the world map screen before embarking).

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 02:46:32 pm »

I still seem to be having this problem in 31.08. If your parent civ is dead, do you just get no caravans at all, even from other civs?

Edit: If I knew which one of the caravan bugs in bug tracker was related to this problem, I'd post there. :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:40:39 am by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »

Is this bug still active in .12?

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 03:22:30 pm »

yes, caravans still don't bring any wagons in .12

Eskielidder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

I'm also getting no traders at all. Using version 0.31.12. The only mod i've done is to remove aquifers.

My last 4 embarks have all had 2-3 civ's on the embark screen (excluding goblilns). Even after 3 years after embark, there are no traders from any civ. Each time I test the Depot availability ("D") and it says it's accessible. If there are rivers on the map I build a bridge just in case the traders come from the other side.

Very frustrating building up a fort and being stuck with ~20 dwarves, ok for building, but not much military for defence and FUN.
so now I'm in a terrifying desert
a nightwing killed 3 of my starting 7 but things are looking up now

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 02:27:52 am »

If the civ is unnamed (aka, usually beastmen in the caves), they won't trade. In the current version the depot accessibility doesn't matter, as no merchants use wagons; wagons need at least a 3-tiles path to the depot, but merchants "on feet" can use any path, even a 1 tile one.

You need dwarves, elves and/or humans with a leader to trade. It's possible to choose an embark without trading civs.
Pages: 1 [2]